Terms and Conditions
The Terms and Conditions of the holiday letting as agreed to by both parties are as follows:
ONCE YOU TICK THAT YOU HAVE AGREED TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ON THE SECUREBOOKIT WEBSITE OR PAID A DEPOSIT. THE FOLLOWING AGREEMENT BECOMES EFFECTIVE & LEGALLY BINDING IMMEDIATELY.
** A credit card must be provided as security on all holiday bookings. These details will be held on file**
Please take a moment to read regulations on excess NOISE
Excessive noise, parties and functions are not permitted as they can cause disruption to neighbours as well as nearby residents and other holiday makers.
The Holiday Letting Organisation operate a noisy neighbour hotline in Cairns who respond to noise complaints by neighbours, residents, and other holiday makers. If a complaint of excessive noise or anti-social behaviour is received, security will be dispatched to investigate and may result in a $200 call-out charge. A report will be received by the Holiday Accommodation office with information as to whether a fee has been charged. This fee will be taken from the guest’s security deposit and is non-negotiable.
If a second security call-out with fee payable is received at any time during a guest’s stay, all guests at the premises will be evicted from the premises by security without refund.
Noise limit laws:-
|7pm-7am||Monday to Saturday||No clearly audible noise allowed|
|7pm-8am||Sunday or public holiday||No clearly audible noise allowed|
1) All Quotations – are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until receipt of the deposit, confirmed in writing. All care is taken when quoting however if there is a mis-quote or an incorrect price advertised the owner reserves the right to refuse the booking or terminate the agreement. This also applies to rate periods throughout the year.
2) Booking Requests – are subject to availability and confirmation in writing. Note there is a $33 booking fee on all bookings which is non-refundable.
3) Usage /NO functions – the premises are let to you for holiday purposes ONLY and only for the period stated on the receipt. NO weddings, parties, or large gatherings are allowed. Nor are professional photo shoots and commercial activities without prior arrangement and written consent by the Agent. The number of people occupying the premises must not exceed the number of people that were initially booked and/or had beds provided for. The use of and parking of Caravans, tents, boats, camper trailers or similar vehicles is not permitted on or near the holiday property including on nearby vacant lots, footpaths or reserves. Eviction of all guests without refund can apply for non compliance.
4) Check In/Check Out – premises are strictly available from 2pm on the day of arrival and are to be vacated by 10am on the day of departure. The only way to absolutely ensure an early check-in or a late check-out id to book an extra day.
5) Dissatisfaction – Should you have any maintenance issues please contact the office immediately so that it can be rectified in a timely matter. If the issues cannot be rectified we will offer alternative accommodation subject to availability. Should the guest still be dissatisfied once these issues have been rectified Northern Exposure Realty does not accept liability for alternative accommodation or any additional costs the guest may incur. Please choose your holiday accommodation carefully as no refund or change of property will be possible once your booking is confirmed. Northern Exposure Realty does not accept liability for changes made due to renovation, alteration and refurbishing of individual properties. Please be mindful of any maintenance reported to us, as any issues which are user error will be charged to your credit card. We endeavour to keep our website updated at all times.
6) Key Return – the property is to be locked and the keys returned to our office. If the office is closed please place keys in the Key Deposit Box at our Bokissa Road Palm Cove office.
7) Payment – A holding deposit of 25% of the total rent is required to reserve a property. The balance (residual amount) is to be paid in full 60 days prior to arrival. All payments made via credit card will incur a non refundable 1.65% processing fee.
8) Currency – All prices quoted are in Australian dollars.
9) Non Payment of Residual Amount – If after a number of approaches this amount is not paid within 60 days of arrival the booking may be cancelled and the holding deposit will not be refunded.
All cancellations must be in writing and attract an administration fee of $150 per cancelled booking.
Once your booking has been confirmed and receipted your deposit is non-refundable. If the booking is cancelled in writing more than 90 days from the date of commencement of your arrival, you will be released from the liability for the full balance of hire. (Credit card merchant fees are non refundable.)
If less than 90 days notice is given for cancellation of your booking you will forfeit your deposit, as per above, you will be charged the $150 administration fee, as per above and you will remain liable for the total cost of the booking unless the property is re-let for the same time period.
Alternatively you can move your booking without penalty to another time, however the cost of the stay will be as per tariffs listed at the time of this change and the original booking cost cannot be honored if any increases have occurred since the time of your original booking.
The Booking Agent recommends that the Guest takes out comprehensive holiday cancellation and protection insurance with a reputable insurance company to cater for any unforeseen circumstances which may arise including accident, ill health or any other matters beyond the Guest’s reasonable control, as once the booking is confirmed and receipted, the Guest will be responsible for payment of the full rental.
11) Refund of balances paid – If the residual amount is not paid by the due date OR In the event of a cancelled booking by the Client, (for the whole time or any part thereof) the deposit and any subsequent amount is not refundable.
12) Confirmed bookings made less than 30 days prior to the arrival date must be paid in full at the time of booking.
13) Breakdowns – Northern Exposure Realty accepts no responsibility for any inconvenience due to machinery or appliance breakdown. Northern Exposure Realty’s best endeavours to repair, replace or hire an alternative will be undertaken.
14) Descriptions – Northern Exposure Realty Pty Ltd has taken due care and responsibility to verify and check all information on our web sites, brochures or any written or verbal material supplied, as at the time of compilation, however, as this information is subject to change, it accepts no responsibility for any inaccuracy in pricing or mis-description contained in the publications.
15) Unavailability – If a property becomes unavailable for any reason Northern Exposure Realty reserve the right to move the Client to alternative accommodation at Northern Exposure Realty’s discretion. The booking is made in good faith by the agent but may be subject to change in relation to;
a) Increasing the nightly or weekly rate without notice by the owner
b) The property being sold or permanently let prior to the commencement of the booking, in which case Northern Exposure will endeavour to alternative accommodation should the property sell or inadvertently becomes unavailable due to instructions by the owner.
16) Non-Transferable – bookings will not be moved to alternate properties – especially due to a ‘change of mind’. Any movement of bookings is at the discretion of Northern Exposure Realty.
17) Breakages – and losses to the property are to be reported to the agent and paid for immediately.
18) Additional cleaning – should the property not be left in a reasonably clean and tidy state, at the discretion of the agent, any cleaning costs above and beyond normal will be charged to the credit card on record provided by the guest. Guests will be advised via email the details of the additional charges.
19) Loss of keys or remotes – will be charged to the Client at the discretion of Northern Exposure Realty. There will be a minimum cost $50.00.
20) Pets – are not allowed on or about the premises without prior written approval. A $500 Pet Bond is payable via credit card pre-authorisation at time of check in.
21) Disclaimer – Northern Exposure Realty do not accept liability in contract or in tort (actionable wrong) for any injury, damage, loss, delay, additional expenses or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by force of nature or other events which are beyond our control, or which are not preventable by reasonable diligence on our part including, but not limited to war, civil disturbance, fire, floods, unusually severe weather, acts of God, acts of Government or of any other authorities, accidents, theft to or failure of machinery or equipment or industrial action.
22) Upon leaving the property the guests must ensure that all air conditioners are switched off and that all doors and windows are closed and locked.
23) Works In the event of any renovation/building work being carried out in or near the premises, such work is beyond our control and we cannot accept responsibility for any disturbance, noise or inconvenience you may suffer as a result. No discount will be negotiated for any of the above.
24) Security – Loss of, theft or damage to your personal belongings are not covered by the agent or the owner under their insurance policies. The agent and the owner take no responsibility for any loss, theft or damage to any occupant’s personal property on the premises. Travel insurance is highly recommended.
25) Security – Please ensure the premises are securely locked at all times when leaving the property.
26) Linen – All bed linen, bath towels, beach towels and tea towels are provided except for cots & Porta cots. If the guests require a linen change or periodic cleaning during their stay an extra charge is applicable.
27) Conduct – No person on the premises shall be guilty of conduct that is a nuisance to any adjoining or neighbouring occupants. Such as excessive noise, violence of any kind & bad language or the agent has the right to terminate the agreement immediately without any refund. In addition to these terms and conditions and the ‘House Rules’ provided all body corporate regulations must also be adhered to.
28) Alternate Accommodation
The agent will not responsible for alternative accommodation or any other cost when guests arrive after hours.
29) Internet / WiFi – Please note that not all properties have internet / WiFi available. Please confirm via the property description. If a property does have internet / WiFi and in the event the internet service is down Northern Exposure Realty take no responsibility, however will always endeavour to do our best to rectify the problem. This internet / WiFi is provided on an “as is / as available” basis without warranties or compensation of any kind.
30) The observance and compliance of these Terms & Conditions is compulsory. Failure to observe these Terms & Conditions by guests/occupiers of the subject holiday property will grant to the agent the immediate right to terminate without any refund, the booking or occupancy of the subject holiday property.
If you have any enquiries what so ever please do not hesitate to contact us, we will do everything we can to ensure your holiday runs smoothly.
The Holiday Team at Northern Exposure Realty
Phone 07 4059 0111
Fax 07 4059 0110
Address 28 Bokissa Road, Palm Cove QLD 4879
Postal PO BOX 146, Palm Cove QLD 4879